Dog allergy treatment
Treatment options for pets with allergies
The sad news is, that there is no dog allery treatment that can offer a permanent cure for allergies in dogs, however what you can do is:
- Add pre-biotics to your dog's diet.
- Decrease your dog's exposure to external allergens.
- Ascertain what foods your dog is allergic to, and only feed it allergy free dog food.
- When starting dog allergy treatment we recommend allergy free dog products.
Eliminating of allergens from your dog's environment is a challenge, and in many ways is pretty much the same as treating a child or family member who suffers from allergies.
Here's a list of helpful tips for dog allergy treatment
- Always keep a bottle of benadryl liquid or a tube of benadryl cream on hand - you can get these as over the counter medicines at most pharmacies.
- Always keep a bottle of Rescue Remedy at hand, you can also get this as over the counter medicine at most pharmacies, or online, by hitting on the Rescue Remedy banner to your right.
- Dust frequently with a damp cloth.
- Run air filters regularly.
- Keep windows closed.
- Dont smoke inside or in your dog's presence.
- After mopping your floors, always rinse twice.
- Consider purchasing an Allergy free dog bed and make sure you wash its blankets and other bedding with a perfume free detergent. Always use very hot water, and rinse twice.
- Only use cotton fabric for your dog's bedding.
- Put a cotton wrap-over on any chairs or sofas where your dog sleeps.
- Don't leave your pet in a dusty garage or damp basement.
- Always collect grass cuttings after you have mowed your lawns, and rinse your dog's feet after its been walking on cut grass.
- Keep your pet inside during early mornings and late afternoons when pollen counts are high.
- Avoid putting cedar chips anywhere near your dog's bed.
- Use ceramic, glass or stainless steel feeding and drinking bowls rather than plastic or synthetic.
Natural dog allergy treatment for dogs with allergies
- If your pet's allergy is food based, try an elimination diet, or consider swapping from dried foods to raw meats and include steamed vegies in its diet.
- Try sprinkling a few drops coconut oil over each meal - coconut oil is particularly good for itchy skin and hair loss.
- Pre-biotics - ideal for dogs which are experiencing diarrhea from allergies.
- Pet cod liver oil
- Omega 3
- Medicated shampoos and conditioners.
- Feed your pet allergy-free dog food
And finally readers who would care to explore the enormous benefits of treating a stressed out dog with flower essences please click Flower Essences Holistic Care For Dogs.
As a family we regularly use "Rescue Remedy" for our pets, kids and grown ups too!